Born in February 1925, Cyril was always known by his middle name of John.
At the time of this photo, taken in 1927-28 by local milkman Alec Masters, the Pearce family lived in the tin huts at Row.
The huts, originally built to house immigrant Italian quarry workers, were later renovated and converted into one dwelling which is now known as ‘Merriwell’.
The History Group would love to hear from anyone who can provide any more information about Cyril or the Pearce family.
Photo courtesy of Grace Masters SBHG 0533