With all the interest that the new housing development at Row has created, we thought it would be interesting to look back a century to remind readers of how it used to be.
From the left are Myrtle, Harley and Laburnum cottages with the Band Room and the houses known as The Row, centre picture.
Mrs Morrish’s cottage Mor-Ray has yet to be built, so we can clearly see The Bible Christian Chapel and the original Methodist Sunday School which was destroyed by a German bomb in 1942.
‘Granite Rise’, as it will now be known, was a field that was home to a handful of sheep – Could anyone have guessed?
Photo donated by Brian Hill Ref: SBHG 0377