Not strictly in the parish, but the connection is via the railway track between Wenford and Bodmin.
A Beattie ‘well-tank’ engine, manufactured in 1874, crosses the road at Dunmere almost a century later!
No 30587 was one of a class of 85 which was designed by Joseph Hamilton Beattie, the Mechanical Engineer of the London & South Western Railway.
These engines remained in service for so long as they were able to negotiate the sharp curves of the LSWR railway’s freight branch to Wenford, which carried china clay traffic to the main line.
They were finally withdrawn in 1962.